Do you want to learn how to grow your own food, but don’t know where to start as a beginner? By the end of this video, you will have a clear and simple plan to start your very own garden.
Gardening can seem pretty intimidating when you’re just starting out. Especially if you identify more as a plant-killer than someone with a green thumb. If you’re anything like me, you might be wondering if you actually have what it takes to start a garden, whether as a hobby or to provide food for your family. However, starting a garden can be as simple as you want it to be, when you just stick with the basics.
In this video, you will learn:
- What to plant in your first garden
- Where to put your plants for optimal growing
- What supplies you need to get started
So, let’s get into it—shall we?
Watch the video here:
Resources to Help You Plan Your Garden:
1) Grab a copy of The Family Garden Plan by Melissa K. Norris
The Family Garden Plan has been my gardening bible this growing season. If you’re interested in learning how to grow a year’s worth of produce, this book is for you.
2) Melissa’s YouTube Channel – Modern Homesteading
Melissa’s channel is one of my favorite go-to resources for all things gardening, canning, and preserving. Her passion for homesteading is inspiring and contagious.
3) Download a FREE Garden mini-planner