This is the third and final video in the Spring Clean Your Heart Series. In this video, I share all about the “Supermom Complex,” the ill effects it has on your life, and 7 ways to choose purpose over perfection in motherhood, marriage, and life in general.
What is a “Supermom?”
A Supermom is a mom who does it all–she seems to spin the world on her pinky finger. She juggles her job, her kids, her marriage, housework, volunteer activities and more. And she looks good doing it too. She is the woman everyone counts on to get things done. She wears “supermom” like a badge of honor.
How to know if you’re a Supermom:
You might be a Supermom if:
- you lead an extremely busy life
- you use more than two planners
- your calendar is perpetually full
- you schedule everything, even time to chat with your husband and/or kids
- you are a perfectionist
- you cannot decide on your top 3 core values
- you have trouble saying “no”
- you resent your husband and/or children
- you have trouble asking for help
- you put off scheduling medical appointments for yourself
- you have trouble being still or relaxing
- your motto is “if you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself”
7 Ways to Overcome the Supermom Complex:
- Decide what matters most to you.
- Decide what is “enough” to accomplish in one day.
- Practice self-compassion.
- Remember that you are more than a mom.
- Ask for help.
- Check your expectations.
- Set aside time to be still.
Have you succumbed to the pressure by society to do more and be more? How are you choosing purpose over perfection? Let’s continue the conversation in the comments!